Monday, August 21, 2023

Brave Enough

There are times
when I’m trying to become whole
            and feel brave enough
                        to allow the door
                                    of love’s pain to open,
and watch
            what comes out.

 Something always comes,
            one way or another
filling me with guilt,
            or the loss of things I can’t repair,
                            or change,
                                         or fix.

It shreds my heart, and
                        almost takes away
the desire to live;
                        almost,
                            but not quite.
 
So, I stand with it
                        face to face,
Brave enough to not run
                 I ask it
                        what can I do for you?
It answers:
            accept me
                and I will accept you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blind Reunion - Call and I will Answer

  It’s a mystery,  This Reunion with the Beloved. We don’t have to know her,  we just have to long for her. Then when we call her name, ...