Monday, August 21, 2023

Song of the Mureed

 

Song of the Mureed

 

Part I: Love Everlasting

Said the Murshid:

Give me thy hand,

I will walk with thee through the valley of death,

That thou might know, as I know, life everlasting.

For I was born

that thou may have eternal life.


Part II: A Drop in Thy Ocean

When I feel myself as a drop in the ocean of your heart,

Wherein the whole universe is reflected,

Then truly do I know there is only One Being.

Lost in the embrace of thy ecstasy, 

I become one with

All the rhythms of life,

and the stillness beyond.

 


Part III: Heaven on Earth

Beloved Murshid

Thy humanity calls my soul to Earth,

And thy divinity transforms

Earth into Heaven.



Part IV: Oh Holy One

 Ya Quddus, Ya Quddus

Sings the mureed’s heart

In the presence of the murshid;

Eyes attentive,

Lips closed,

Heart Open.


Ya Quddus, Ya Quddus

Through the murshid, the most holy one is present.

The sacred gate of God’s light upon Earth,

An answer to the yearning of the mureed’ s heart and soul.


Ya Quddus, Ya Quddus

Veiled to the world,

The murshid becomes unveiled to the mureed

And thereby

ushers the mureed into the presence of the Divine.


Ya Quddus, Ya Quddus,

Oh Holy One.




This poem is dedicated to my beloved Murshid, Sufi Amin Sherdil Richard Macko Chishti, Peace be Upon Him! 

The Mureed is a seeker, who seeks spiritual realization and guidance from the God-Realized Teacher or Murshid.

There are many friendships in this world, but the friendship between murshid and mureed is in the path of God, in the path of Light and Truth." Therefore, every earthly relation may have a chance to break, but the relation between murshid and mureed is not for the life on earth only. It is this belief which keeps their souls together, helping each other along the spiritual path. - Hazrat Inayat Khan

Ya Quddus means the most holy or sacred one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blind Reunion - Call and I will Answer

  It’s a mystery,  This Reunion with the Beloved. We don’t have to know her,  we just have to long for her. Then when we call her name, ...